9th Conference of the Researching and Applying Metaphor Association (RaAM)
Date: 4-7 July 2012 Time: 0.00-0.00 pm
Venue: Lancaster University
The ninth conference on Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM 9) will be held in Lancaster, UK, from 4-7 July 2012.
The theme for 2012 is "Metaphor in Mind and Society" and the confirmed plenary speakers are:
- Masako K. Hiraga (Rykkio University, Japan),
- Albert Katz (The University of Western Ontario, Canada)
- Andreas Musolff (University of East Anglia, UK).
There will be two pre-conference workshops on:
- Corpus linguistics methods in metaphor analysis - facilitated by Anatol Stefanowitsch (University of Hamburg, Germany),
- Methods of researching metaphor and gesture - facilitated by Irene Mittelberg (RWTH Aachen University, Germany) and Cornelia Müller (European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Germany).
In addition to the social programme, the conference will involve a book launch as well as a metaphor-themed exhibition and performance in cooperation with the Lancaster Institute of Contemporary Arts.
Event website: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/events/RAAM/
Who can attend: Anyone
Organising departments and research centres: Linguistics and English Language