In our research, we aim:
- to continue to develop areas where our research has been especially distinctive,
- to embed linguistic research in an interdisciplinary social science and humanities context,
- to promote work across sub-disciplines within linguistics, especially collaborations between theoretical, social and applied researchers,
- to remain committed to lesser-studied languages as well as English, and
- to engage with users of our research in academia, education, business enterprises and social action, based on our distinctive view of language and research skills.