We offer a wide range of BA (Hons) degrees across the fields of English Language and Linguistics and a variety of combined honours degrees can be taken.
- 9th in the world for Linguistics up from 10th in 2013 (QS 2014)
- High quality teaching and a flexible programme
- Excellent learning resources and the opportunity to undertake internships
- An environment to support your studies
- Third in the UK for Linguistics (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014)
- Top in the North West for Linguistics (Complete University Guide 2014)
- 96% in the National Student Satisfaction Survey
Study three subjects in your first year, then develop your major subject through specialist modules in years two and three.
We are keen to build links with schools and colleges. If you would like someone from the department to give a talk to your students, please email Elena Semino.